Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ladson

On my way to South Carolina I stopped off in Atlanta to visit Roz. Lucky for me, Eddie and Chip were at her place for brunch. I really like hanging out with them. Eddie and Chip remind me a lot of my dad. They are all very smart and every time I talk to them I learn something new. It was a great meal and great company. Roz made sure that I was sent off with food for the road and Chip and Eddie made sure that I had an emergency TV for Virginia. I didn't think it was needed either, but with the tornadoes down south I'm feeling a little better about the yellow TV, flashlight, radio, lamp combo. On my way out of town I stopped by Sweet Water Brewery. Since it was Sunday they were closed, next time.

Pulling up to David and Laura's place felt like home. It is the only place on my entire trip that I had been to before. A couple of years ago I spent Thanksgiving with them. Not to mention that David is my self-appointed guardian and Laura has easily become one of my best friends over the years.

My bonus was to get to see Sierra and Luna. They are David and Laura's sweet Husky pups. Sierra is the nutty spastic, slightly chubby one and Luna is the princess, sleek one with one blue and one brown eye.

The next day David had to go to work so Laura and I went to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee and grub. When David got off of work we went to the set of Army Wives for Laura to fill out some paperwork to be on the show. Then off to Charleston for smoothies and some shopping. It was so nice to chill out and see them. Walking along the pier and down by the market.

For dinner we went out for buffalo wings and trivia. I almost beat David, so close! I got the rib wing combo, damn good!


More than once, or a more times than I can count would be more accurate, they have suggested that I move down there. Someday perhaps. For now I am so excited to be on the same coast as them.

No comments: