Monday, May 5, 2008

Freddie Mac

I love my new job. I am a temp at Freddie Mac. A good description of what I do is File Relocater. I only am filing a little bit of the time but the rest of my time is spent relocating files in the computer. We have received a half dozen pallets of files and so I put them in, assign them to an underwriter and put them in a box. Woo! Sounds horrible doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so too. But then I met the people. Siv is my supervisor but most of my time is spent with three other girls, Jetlina, Saya and Dene.

Jetlina is fabulous. She knows everyone in the place and walking to lunch can take a half an hour. She's a spunky single mom of two. She moved here from Africa and then moved to Germany with the Army. She is a solid, good person and was the first person at Freddie to really take me under her wing.

Saya is the most recent temp. She is from Michigan and wants to be a large animal vet. She's really smart and we have teamed up on killing the pallets of files, one box at a time.

Dene is one of the sassiest people I have ever met. I was dubbed CARMEN (I know...) Diaz on my first day. Dene is Halle Berry, Jetlina is Oprah, Paul is George Clooney and Joe is Will Smith unless he is Dene's bodyguard, in which case he is sexual chocolate. I am pretty sure Joe is embarrassed by this but he holds up pretty well. His two daughters also work for the company and they find it hilarious. It was through Dene's SVU dramatization that I found out why I have a job at Freddie. It turns out that the two temps before me were let go, for stealing, BACON. Yes you read it right, bacon. They were under surveillance for a while and finally were caught. They were given the opportunity to apologize and pay for it and they refused. What a couple of morons.

Nancy and Susan work over by Siv. Paul, Malaka, Javier, Jose, Mike and so many others, are the ones that keep my day rolling along. It takes some very good people to turn the work we are doing into something enjoyable.

I sit at my desk and am constantly hearing laughter and jokes. Everyone likes each other. I am truly grateful for stumbling upon this job. The pay is, well, crap, but it works. The best part is I'm happy to be there. I couldn't ask for much more than that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there Pam!

looks like you are in a fun environment!

I know its been a while, but I wanted to let ya know that I still read up on your blogs every once in a while and see how you are doing.

holla back when you get a chance!

Adam Bradley