Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grateful

I know I am due for a good long post, but things are starting the up curve back into limbo.

A few notes to hold you over:
1. I am eternally grateful to my Dewalt drill (thank you Patrick). Our walls are made out of the hardest plaster of all time and it kills nails. Dewalt has been crucial in me being able to "nest" and make my room feel like home.

2. I don't have a bed. I'm going to choke someone. That is if they ever point me in the direction of whoever gets to approve financing at US Mattress. Approving the financing of a bed that costs $400 over a year should not take a week.

3. It is official, my job sucks. I knew that not many could live up to the excitement of EOP but this is ridiculous. Most of the people are good but the couple that are driving me insane are DRIVING ME INSANE! And the relocating files, physically and in the computer, makes me want to run off into the mountains and never return. And a side note... How would you feel if you had to get to work and see this hideousness everyday? Yes, those are gold people. Yes, they are in front of my building. Yes they make me want to commit illegal acts of vandalism.

4. One of my favorite things on that I have seen on the road out here (other than a 50 cent toll) is in the School Zone in Alexandria. There is a flashing yellow light and a sign that posts your speed. The sign also tells you that if you are speeding the light will turn red. When you get around the corner there is a stop light. Go figure, if anyone is speeding it turns red. It is brilliant in its simplicity.

5. I'm going rock climbing this weekend. I have a long weekend and have decided it's time to revive some of my activities. I have been running but climbing should be fun.

Alright, there you go. Very exciting I know. Not much to report on this end. I'm still trying to figure it all out. New pictures are up of the house. They're in the same album as the others. Check back soon!

No comments: