Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nashville

Nashville was a really exciting stop for me. My friend Megan, and her boyfriend Eric, have a new (6 mo.) baby girl named Panama! When I got there I was greeted by Megan, Panama and the spunky pup, Dulie (I don't know how they spell his name, but it sounds like Julie) at the door. Dulie was very excited and Panama, even though it was after ten, was wide awake!


Megan and I stayed up that night chatting and catching up. We had lots of catching up to do. I haven't seen Megan in years and pretty much everything has changed in both of our lives. They had me staying in Panama's room. It was so nice to snuggle into bed in such a warm place. The home they have built was very soothing after such a long trek.

In the morning we went on a driving tour of Nashville. It's a small city but I really like it. It doesn't look like any of the other cities I passed through. It has a lot of small town traits but also the culture of a big city.

We met up with Eric for lunch at this amazing little sandwich place. Panama was along for the ride the entire day and is such a good baby. Happy and chill. We got along great and I liked getting to know this great little personality. You can get updates and pictures all you want on your friends' lives. You just have to realize that some things, if you don't go and see it for yourself, you will simply miss. Seeing this amazing little girl is something that I am so happy I did not miss.

That night Eric went to work and Megan's parents came over to watch Panama so we could go out and see some of the nightlife that Nashville has to offer. We went to a brewery for dinner (nachos!) and then went over to second fiddle where Eric works. I got to meet a few of their friends and hang out for a bit. It was a blast. We headed back to the house early since I had a long drive in the morning.

When we got back Megan gave me a ton of music! Eric is a song writer (the title link is to his Myspace page) and is very talented. She gave me a bunch of his stuff and then some by other friends of theirs in the area. I listed to it all the way to Charleston the next day.

It was a great visit. I am hoping to get back and maybe take a little trip to Memphis. We were talking about going camping too. I am very excited to get together again soon.

No comments: