Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Last Days in California

I spent the last few days as a California resident running around like a crazy person. I visited my grandma and aunt in Napa one day. Hung out with my neighbors and got to sort out some fun stuff that I got for the fam in Japan.

I was able to go to the best concert EVER with Ms. Shannon! Steve Miller Band played for three straight hours. Bonnie Rait and Joe Satriani were two of many amazing guests that turned the show into a jam session that left me and Shannon mesmerized. Did I mention it was my first time at the Fillmore? Well it was, as ridiculous as it sounds since I lived only a few minutes away. I will be back.

Off to Yosemite with my mom, dad, Nate, Skinner, Yiming and Jon. It was daaaamn cold but I had a wonderful time just the same. Skinner, Jon and Yiming got it late on Friday night and we hung out by the fire for a little while before going to bed. In the morning Jon made breakfast for everyone. We then set off on a hike that was supposed to be six miles. Half way along it started to rain. Good thing Yosemite is amazing rain or shine. As we got within what should have been our "less than a mile to go" marker, we saw a sign that said we had four miles left! We decided to hustle our asses back to the shuttle. When we got there we swore we missed it but that wasn't the case. Thank goodness! When the rain started my dad had bribed us all with dinner at the lodge if we didn't make him go back to the campsite (he and my mom were staying in a tent cabin). We all agreed, no problem!

That night the rain stopped and we were happy to scrap our plans of rummy in the tent. In stead my mom came to the site after my dad went to sleep and we all played with Jon's camera! Yey extended exposures! It was really fun. We all posed in the woods and Jon and my brother ran around with a flash and a yellow light. The results are hard to describe but hopefully Jon will post them soon.

The next morning we had breakfast at the coffee shop as it had started to rain again. After we drove out to Yosemite Falls. And this is where I said goodbye. When Jon, Yiming and Skinner decided to go I knew it was time. Figured balling my goodbyes into one would make them something I could handle and still be in some kind of shape to drive to Flagstaff, ten hours away. Plus if I didn't get on the road soon I would get in way too late to be able to shop around for hotels.

I just have to keep reminding myself... I'll be back.

No comments: