Sunday, July 20, 2008

Say, Aaaaallllll Greeeeeeeen!

07-12-08Saturday was a great day for me! Shenandoah was perfect. Parrish, James and I took off for the a 12 mile hike on the west side of Shenandoah National Park. It was a hot day but the hike was almost entirely in the shade. It was so nice to be outside! The first part of the hike had a swimming hole that we will be returning to take advantage of for sure. The hike was a little rough, lots of hills, but worth every moment once we got to the clearing. After hiking we headed back to my house to shower up before dinner and then went to see Wall-E.
07-13-08
Sunday I headed up to Annapolis to help J work on the cooler for his boat. I guarantee I cannot properly tell you how it works. If you are really curious as to how to build a boat cooler look here, http://calliopelog.blogspot.com/. It was good, hard work. I cut and shaped foam for the installation of the cooler and then we covered the sides in fiberglass. J has been working on it for a long time. I was really lucky to get there on a day where the whole thing really came together.

07-15-08

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay is one of my all time favorites!

Tuesday I headed to Wolf Trap for Amos Lee and Al Green! I met Jeff and Ting at the Ballston Metro and we grabbed some food for the road. Amos Lee went on first. He is a great performer! I had only heard his slower stuff and after hearing him Tuesday night went and downloaded all of his stuff. We were on the lawn and had a few beers and some wine. The guy in front of us needed a wine key so Jeff passed him ours. He then proceeded to drink three bottles of wine in about an hour. Him being so drunk would have been less entertaining if he wasn't a giant. He kept turning around and giving Jeff love. Then he would get up, put his hands over his head and wiggle his ass for a little while.
After Amos Lee's set I went up to get his autograph. The line was quite long but I waited anyway. At the front of the line I could see girls swarming him for pictures. The poor guy looked so uncomfortable! After he signed my ticket I went back down for Al Green's set.
Al Green was a trip! He had dancers and once of the back up singers kept saying, "Let me hear you say Aaaallll Greeeeeennn!". It was a super fun show once he got past some of his new songs, that I'm not a big fan of, and once he stopped saying, "The reverends still got it!". It was a very random show, with everyone singing along and dancing.
Driving home from D.C., for the second time, Jeff, you loser :), I was thinking about all of the concerts I have been to over the years. Here we go, in no particular order...
Aerosmith, Bush, Green Day, Kiss, CCR, The Judds, Tina Turner, Cyndi Lauper, Brooks and Dunn, (get ready for the boy band segment of the list) Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and N'Sync, Doobie Brothers, Pedro the Lion, Steve Miller Band, Rage Against the Machine, The Roots, Cyprus Hill, Marva Wright, Keith Frank & The Soileau Zydeco Band, Cher, B.B. King, The Beach Boys, Stone Temple Pilots, Celine Dion, Clay Walker, Emmylou Jarris, Faith Hill, The Shins, Tim McGraw, (my boys) Aratic, Forthmorning, Thought Crime, Fredalba, MaNdonna, Domeshots, Hard Nox..., Goo Goo Dolls, Charlie Daniel's Band, Mike Doughty, Muse, Rascal Flats, Travis Tritt, Wanda Rouzan... a good dent but I'm not done yet!
It was a night of "baby makin' music", that warranted, at least, a good make out session on the grass... There's always next time!

No comments: