Thursday, June 25, 2009

Whitman, Wordsworth... Whatever.

Most that know me will know the necklace that I wear all the time. There is a St. Christopher charm that is from my trip through Europe, a charm I got in Nice on my second trip over, my Great Aunt's high school ring and my grandmother's high school charm. The center piece is a charm with the quote, "How does the meadow flower its bloom unfold? Because the lovely little flower is free. Down to its root, and in that freedom, bold." -Whitman. While going through my room I found the tag for the charm and was really excited to see the website listed so that I could go and see what stuff they have online. But then I noticed something else, the quote on the tag has Wordsworth listed as the one quoted. Shit. I just went online and have found that it is a Wordsworth quote. For five years I have been quoting Whitman like an idiot.

Next stop? I'm emailing these fools and see if they will send me some free goodies :)

No comments: