Tuesday, November 6, 2007

POINT A TO POINT B (and the yummy, gooey stuff in the middle): The plan

CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP AND SOME BALLPARK DATES
Any ideas you can give me would be so appreciated! I want the goods people...

1. San Francisco, CA to Yosemite National Park (5 hours, 195 miles)
8/01-8/04
I haven't been to Yosemite in years so I knew it had to be my first stop. I leave the first of August and it just so happens to be a Friday. (Hoping this will turn into a fun California crew camping trip... or anyone who feels like hiking the backside of Half Dome!)

2. Yosemite National Park to Las Vegas, NV (7 hours, 350 miles)
8/4-8/6
Off to Vegas! But not the Vegas that most go to visit... I'm going to see Custer, Shannon and the twins! Yey Ben and Soph!

3. Las Vegas, NV to Zion National Park, Springdale, UT (2 ½ hours, 158 miles)
8/6-8/9
I can't wait for Zion National Park. I have been hearing about it forever from everyone and am so excited. A side trip to the north ridge of the Grand Canyon... perfection.

4. Springdale, UT to Denver, CO (9 ¼ hours, 634 miles)
8/9-8/10
Hoping that Robbie will still be there (The only time that I have ever wanted him not to move back to California), if not Jeff might have to loan me a couch.

5. Denver, CO to Albuquerque, NM (6 ½ hours, 448 miles)
8/10-8/12
Visiting an old friend. I'm hoping I can find her.

6. Albuquerque, NM to Austin, TX (12 hours, 841 miles)
8/12-8/14
If Mark doesn't move to China I'm hijacking his couch and making him show me around the only (from what I hear for a San Francisco local) tolerable city in Texas.

7. Austin, TX to Fort Worth, TX (3 hours, 189 miles)
8/14-8/15
Where Skinner's folks said I could stay! I am really excited to see where she grew up.

8. Fort Worth, TX to New Orleans, LA (8 ½ hours, 559 miles)
8/15-8/17
I love Louisiana. Jason's mom offered me a place to stay. I would really like to see more of the swamp lands.

9. New Orleans, LA to Memphis, TN (6 hours, 399 miles)
8/17-8/19
One thing sold me on Memphis... and it wasn't Elvis. BBQ!! All of the guide books say it's the place to be for rib joints and I'm all in!

10. Memphis, TN to Nashville, TN (3 ¼ hours, 214 miles)
8/19-8/21
Yee Haw! I'm going to all of the country bars and doin' the town right in my cowboy boots and painted on jeans! Not to even mention how excited I am to see Megan and meet Miss Panama!

11. Nashville, TN to Birmingham, AL (3 hours, 191 miles)
8/21-8/22
So much history. Impossible to pass up but not enough time to do it justice. At least I can get one god day in.

12. Birmingham, AL to Charlotte, NC (6 ¼ hours, 393 miles)
8/22-8/23
It's a good half way point and I've heard some good things. If I feel up to busting out a 13 hour drive I might pass if no one can give me a good reason to stop.

13. Charlotte, NC to Arlington, VA (6 ½ hours, 400 miles)
HOME!

1 comment:

Lisa Meyerhardt said...

That looks like an AWESOME trip. I can't believe I won't be here to make it with you, much less greet you on the other end.