Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ele-Fantastic!

I forgot to write about the election! I don't know how, but I did... The election was not my happiest moment, because I didn't get to vote. Not that it matters now (Yey Obama!), but at the time I just about lost my mind. I registered in VA twice and they have no record of me being here. So not only did I not get to help change VA to blue (which it did for the first time in 44 years,without my help), but I didn't get to vote on Prop 8 in CA either... Which really broke my heart.
I guess all is well that ends well. Obama gives me hope. I don't think we can expect really amazing things to happen, we are far too deep into the hole to be fixed in 4 years, but maybe he can turn this ship around and at least get us headed in the right direction.
On another note... SNOW! It snowed while I was driving home from class today. It was so light I didn't know what it was at first (being from California, my first thought was ash)... You can't see it in the video at all, but I'm putting it up anyway, my first Virginia snow!

1 comment:

Lisa Meyerhardt said...

Are you video-taping whilst driving?? =) And yeah ... I'd say "stupid red state" for screwing things up and not letting you vote, but that's no longer true anymore!! VA is now a blue state little by little, things will get better because of it.