Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jackie and Kenny Come to Visit!

Most of you were part of, or heard about, my mad dash visit to California last month for Jackie and Kenny's wedding. If you missed it, check out my Picasa site, the pictures tell all :)
Last week Jackie and Kenny came out to Virginia to visit Kenny's sister Sandra and her husband Chris. I was working a lot at my new job (I'll fill you in in a moment...) so I only got to see them a few times. The first night I went over was after a shift at Ray's Burger Hell (part two of the new job) and got to play some on DDR. I have never played before, as everyone can vouch for, but I had a really good time anyway! Here area couple videos I took of Jackie and Kenny.



And my favorite...

We also went to dinner at Malibu Grill one night on a Ghost Tour of Alexandria another. The guy that did our tour, on a night just like this, was a newbie, mmm kay. It was a hoot. I really enjoyed getting to know Jackie's new inlaws! They are great people. I wish I had more time to visit with 'em but I guess there is always Christmas!
The new job. I am now a waitress at Ray's the Steaks/Ray's Burger Hell. I love the girls I work with. The pace is fast, and I'm definitely not up to par, but I'm working on it. Finally get to pay down some credit card bills and live a little. It should be just the right fit until I finish school... As long as they don't mind me going home for the holidays :)
Class also started a couple of weeks ago. Not much to it yet, but my spanish class is kinda funny. My teacher is the Brain, from Pinky and the Brain. We are learning spanish via a soap opera. I'm not sure how it will work out, but I'm going to give it a shot.

No comments: